Thursday, June 26, 2008

Introduction number three

I'm Kate. I have a BA in English, an MA in English, two tenths of an MA in philosophy, and a PhD in Literary Theory/Rhetoric and Composition looming in the near(er) future. My academic background is a hodge-podge of later British, American and world literature that circle around my love of theory/philosophy, with film studies, women's studies, psychology, evolutionary biology, theology, linguistics, French, and Spanish thrown in for good measure. I teach composition and literature to undergraduates who (usually) couldn't care less if they learn either let alone if they learn to string together a sentence that is both meaningful and devoid of error.

When I'm not reading, writing, or grading, I like to practice ballet and yoga and I pretend I like to run.

I have a charming, chaotic family of one husband, one four-year-old son, four cats, and a partridge in a pear tree.

No comments:

 
just to fill the space - by Templates para novo blogger