Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An apology...

I would like to apologize for the aggressive tone of my last post. I am certainly willing to admit that I am probably the last person who should and can speak with any true insight into matters of feminism. My aim with the previous post was not to offend, but to encourage us to move towards action. After reading all of the comments, I can grasp that language is in and of itself an action, at least the process of changing it.

I am so thankful that in circles like this everyone comes from a slightly different place and perspective. Anyways, please accept my sincerest apologies for any offense or outrage caused. It was not my desire. As is common for me, I will certainly be wrong as much, if not more, than I am right.

Humbly yours,
Rob

2 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks, Rob. No worries. I love a good debate. One thing I value about my education is that I was taught to read others' text graciously, to read as I would want to be read--its the golden rule of academe ;). I want to be able to discuss these topics freely without immediate condemnation. That's all.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it got ugly. Its fun to debate!

 
just to fill the space - by Templates para novo blogger